Sunday, February 21, 2010

balance

Balance is not living your life on a mountain top. We don't all have the option of jetting off to India to find ourselves so we have to look at what balance means to us individually.

Even at the best of times, my "balanced" life would probably look like chaos to most people, and I'm okay with that. Right now, balance means letting a lot of stuff slide since my partner is working six days a week, I have two children, I work outside the home and I'm in grad school.

It would be awesome if I could get to yoga everyday, or workout for an hour five times a week, but right now it's not going to happen. The balance I'm looking for includes being nice to my kids even when I'm stressed (doesn't always happen) maintaining a semblance of order (which for me sometimes means that there's nothing growing on the plates that didn't get washed from three days ago) and managing to find the time, in all of this craziness to do something enjoyable.

I picked up my knitting needles for the first time in months last week and did it ever feel good! Starting this week I'm going back to no sugar (my birthday week AND Valentines day derailed that goal) and I'm hoping to add ten minutes of meditation in, once a day. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment